Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art Photo Scavenger Hunt
Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art Scavenger Hunt
Create teams (3 people per team is ideal). Establish a Start and Finish Time (1 ½ hours recommended) and a final meeting spot (Information Booth works well). At the end of the hunt, determine which team found the most items. Award simple prizes to the winning team.
Supplies (per team):
- the Hunt List
- a Pencil (available at the Information Booth at the Art Gallery)
- a Camera (with ability to turn off the flash)
- a watch.
- Each team will hunt for the items on the list. They are to photograph (no flash) each item as they find it and check it off the list.
- Everyone must work as a team, not individually. Stay together.
- Some items may be in any form (painting, sculpture, etc), others are specifically requested as sculptures or actual objects.
- A photo cannot be used as the answer to more than one item.
- No flash photography allowed (museum rules).
- May use pencils, but no ink pens (museum rules).
- All photos must be exhibit items
- Look high and low for answers.
- Some things will be large and easy to find, others will be smaller and a little more challenging.
- Some clues will have multiple correct answers, others will have only one piece of art that will correctly fit the clue.
The team who finds the most items wins the game (and a prize if possible).
Award special prizes for the Bronze, Silver, and Gold items.
Prize ideas: Candy, Stationary, Free Ice Cream at Winstead’s
Start Time: ___________
Finish Time: ______________
1. Orange Light Switch
2. Cat Listening to Musicians
3. Gold Ox
4. Water Wheel
5. Cauliflower Teapot
6. Wooden platform shoes
7. Purple Vase with a Dragon
8. Apartment Building on a Hill
10. A Diner with Many Reflections
11. Pile of Musical Instruments on the Ground
12. REAL Japanese Suit Armor
13. A Harlequin
14. Dutch Boy Paint Can
15. Mary Magdalene
17. Boat with a reflection
18. Lion Statue
19. Stained Glass Lamb
20. Butter on Corn
22. Speared Dragon
23. Cow with Flower Wreath around Neck
24. Stone Fountain
26. Gold Dragon Head
27. REAL Grandfather Clock
28. Enthronement Ceremony of an Empress
30. Owl Statue
31. REAL Coat of Armor for a Horse
32. Wood Carved Ceiling
33. Chinese Crane on Red Background
34. Statue made of tools
Bronze Bonus: Dancing Lobsters
Silver Bonus: Golden Cup with Serpents Inside It
Gold Bonus: People with Chairs on their Heads