Best Waffles in Kansas City
Celebrate waffle day on March 25 at one of these great restaurants.
Best Diner Style
- Kate's Kitchen (8002 N. Oak Trfy., Kansas City, MO, 816.436.7200, www.KatesKitchenKC.com). Kate’s Kitchen serves up diner-style meals with the freshest ingredients and friendly service. Even among a variety of breakfast items, waffles remain a fave. The adventurous love “The King”… waffles topped with warm peanut butter and bananas, powdered sugar and butter!
Best Sunday Brunch
- Tomfooleries (Country Club Plaza, 612 W. 47th St., Kansas City, MO, 816.753.0555). Tomfooleries Restaurant and Bar, located on the Country Club Plaza, is known for their signature style of dishing up fun and unique food. On Sundays, stop in for their all-you-can-eat brunch where you can enjoy an omelet just the way you like it, a wide variety of breakfast faves and the famous chocolate-dipped waffles!
- The Big Biscuit (Four locations: www.BigBiscuitRestaurant.com). You won’t leave hungry after a trip here! You may order Belgian waffles dusted with powdered sugar with any of the following options: strawberry with whipped cream, chocolate chip with whipped cream, banana chocolate chip with whipped cream, pecan, cranberry pecan or red, white & blue (strawberries, bananas, blueberries) and whipped cream.
Best Chicken and Waffles
- RC’s Restaurant (330 E. 135th St., Martin City, MO, 816. 942.4999, www.RCSChicken.com). This family-style restaurant in the heart of Martin City is known for the best fried chicken in Kansas City, and their signature chicken & waffles are an all-time fave for locals.
Best Belgian Waffles
We love, love, love both of these breakfast and brunch eateries and frankly, it was too hard to pick a fave… we’ll let you decide!
- First Watch (Many locations across the Metro: www.FirstWatch.com). With more than 10 local restaurants, First Watch is one of the most popular breakfast eateries in Kansas City! You’ll love their delicious and nutritious breakfast menu with an outstanding array of items, including their Belgian waffle—a light and airy waffle with a side of warm mixed berry compote.
- Eggtc. (EggTc. has two locations in the Metro: 5107 Main St., Kansas City, MO, 816.561.0116 and 7182 Renner Rd., Shawnee, KS, 913.631.4400) Known for their eggs… from omelets to eggs Benedict to any breakfast egg preparation you can imagine…but they also serve a delicious Belgian waffle with fruit compote and a dusting of powdered sugar and cinnamon!