Getting to Know Me...
About a year and a half ago a friend from college got me to join Facebook. While not a Facebook Fanatic, I do enjoy reconnecting with people I had lost touch with. In thinking about my first blog, I was reminded of the notes on Facebook where people write 25 little known facts about themselves. While I won’t bore you with 25, I thought I’d take the list approach to introduce myself. So, without further adieu, here are 8 things about me.
1. I am originally from St. Louis. Spent the first 18 years of my life there. To answer the “Where did you go to high school” question that you always ask someone from St. Louis, Visitation Academy.
2. Not a huge sports fan, but do enjoy watching the Chiefs and Royals (and yes, I wear blue to Royals vs. Cards games) BUT I do have to say that the Cardinals were robbed in ‘85. The Royals so stole that game from us!
3. Moved to KC in ’88 for college. Met my husband while at college and have been here ever since.
4. I, myself, am not a pet lover. However, at our home, in addition to the 4 people that live there we have 5 guppies and 1 beta fish (no dogs, as my daughters will sadly report, because I am allergic to them).
5. In my life BC (before children), I was an elementary school teacher.
6. I wear many hats (as I know all of you moms and dads out there do) but the one I am most proud of is that of wife and mother. I have two beautiful daughters and one wonderfully supportive and loving husband. I am blessed beyond measure.
7. I think that Kansas City is a fabulous town to raise a family. I am constantly amazed at the wealth of things there are to do with your children in this fair city of ours.
8. I began working with Kansas City Parent and Kansas City Baby magazines almost two years ago. I love being a part of such a wonderful resource for area families and look forward to reaching many more moms and dads through the web.