All About Me
Hello! I’m back! I feel as if it’s been AGES since I last blogged. March and April are my “perfect storm” in my work world-in 5 weeks we put together 4 magazines and for those two months, I eat, drink, sleep and live magazines. But, we’ve made it through and I’m coming back to the land of the living!
I got to thinking the other day that not only has it been a while since I blogged, but it’s been a while since I began this blog, and figured it was time to kind of reintroduce myself to you, our blogging audience. My sisters read US Magazine and when in STL I will take a peek. They have a column called “25 things you didn’t know about…” and it’s 25 facts about a movie or pop or television star. My sisters and I like to try and come up with 25 things we don’t know about each other and kind of keep a running list going. I decided to put some of my list in writing, so, here goes, “20 Things You Didn’t Know About Margaret Sarver” (didn’t want to bore you with 25):
- I love SweetTarts and could easily eat a pack a day.
- I am constantly on the lookout for the perfect pencil. The closest I came was years ago. I received a set of pencils as a gift from a student. They were light blue with white erasers. I’ve never been able to find them since.
- My three favorite songs are “Bad” by U2,” Hallelujah” by Rufus Wainright (I know others have covered, but I like his version the best) and “Con Ti Partiro” by Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman.
- In high school I was the St. Louis Area SADD president.
- When I was 13 I saved my Dad from drowning (which, naturally, makes me his favorite daughter).
- Ty and I honeymooned in Branson. That’s back in the day when I wouldn’t fly.
- When I win the lottery, I am hiring someone to come to my house every morning to do my hair and hiring a driver. No more carpool or bad hair days for me!
- I took a speed reading class in high school.
- I’ve never had a cavity.
- My second toe is a bit misshapen and sits on top of my big toe. When I walk in the sand I leave only 4 toes in my footprint. It used to embarrass me and I NEVER wore flip flops, but I’ve gotten past that and now own way too many pairs of flip flops.
- My nickname as a child was Boots.
- The back of my head makes an appearance in the TV movie “Sometimes They Come Back” based on a Stephen King book.
- My drink of choice is a margarita and I must say, the Chambord Margarita at Fronteras in Shawnee is to-die for!
- I eat the same thing for breakfast almost every morning-Frosted Mini Wheats with blueberries.
- In high school I worked as a hostess at the local IHOP.
- The one person in the world I want to meet: Bono. I’m a woman on a mission.
- My favorite movie is “Shawshank Redemption”. I REALLY want to know what happens after Andy and Red meet up on the beach as the credits roll. Every time I watch I want to shout, “No! Don’t end yet!”
- I don’t get Twitter.
- I can’t stand to be late. It makes me very anxious.
- I need for it to be completely dark when I sleep. I have to cover the cable box each night and take the phone off the hook because the little lights bother me.