New Year's Eve Family Fun in KC!
Ring in 2014
Bid farewell to 2013 and Ring in 2014! Celebrate the New Year with fun for the entire family... you'll find family-friendly parties across the metro as our favorite venues roll out the red carpet for YOU!
Noon Year's Eve at Science City
Dec 31 from 12:00 pm until 8:00 pm at Science City at Union Station 30 W. Pershing Kansas City, MO. 816.460.2083 Celebrate the New Year with family friendly activities for all ages. (Members free; regular Science City admission price for non-members).
Noon Year's Eve Celebration at LEGOLAND Discovery Center
Dec 31, 2013 from 10:00 am until 1:00 pm at LEGOLAND Discovery Center Kansas City 2475 Grand Blvd Kansas City, MO. 816.471.4386 The New Year’s Eve celebration starts early at LEGOLAND Discovery Center Kansas City with a party that lets kids ring in 2014 without staying up until midnight. The Noon Year’s Eve celebration begins at noon on December 31, where kids can count down to 2014 with a LEGO balloon drop. Guests will meet in the LEGO Café to begin the countdown festivities at 11:45 a.m. Kids will be provided with hats and horns to help ring in the New Year while enjoying sparkling juice. Kids will receive a New Year’s gift and will have the opportunity to participate in a raffle for a chance to win LEGO sets. All items are available while supplies last. In addition, all Annual Pass holders are invited to bring a friend for $10 plus tax on December 31. COST $19 adults (ages 13 and older), $15 children (ages 3-12), 2 and under free.
New Year's Rodeo Stampede
Paradise Park: New Year's Eve Ball Drop
Dec. 31 at Noon. Paradise Park (1021 NE Colbern Rd., Lee's Summit, MO. 816.246.5224) Come for a New Year’s ball drop in the Foam Factory at Noon. Ring in the New Year with Family Fun & Adventure. In the Foam Factory, fire foam balls through air-powered cannons, geysers, and blasters. The multi-level foam factory allows you to choose a side, or fend for yourself. Blast cannons at competitors while maneuvering across platforms, climbing cargo nets, or gliding down the tunnel slide. The foam factory provides a unique combination of action/interaction and is a great activity for families and groups of all ages. You may purchase a ticket to the foam factory and receive a wristband good for unlimited time. Or purchase a Flex Pass wristband and combine the foam factory and the children's edutainment center for unlimited time.
Splashin' New Year's Eve at CoCo Key
Create Lasting Memories & Have a Rockin' New Year at CoCo Key (Holiday Inn Kansas City - SE 9103 East 39th Street Kansas City, MO. 816.737.0200)!! Waterpark open on New Year's Eve.Play for the day or stay all night on NYE! Enjoy live music and fun-filled activities. Entertainment includes gallons of fun inside CoCo Key, face painting, a caricature artist, photo booth, and massive ball drop at midnight! Purchase NYE day pass admission tickets or book an overnight package. CoCo Key is open from 10:00am-midnight on NYE.
1/2 Price Paint-your-own Pottery at Paint, Glaze, & Fire
Paint your own pottery at Paint, Glaze & Fire (12683 Metcalf Avenue OPKS. 913.661.CLAY(2529). On New Year's Eve, Ceramics Coffehouse at Paint, Glaze & Fire will be open until 5pm and studio fees and all holiday items are 1/2 price! And weekdays when the kids are out of school - studio fees are 1/2 price.
Celebrate with Ice Skating
Take a Spin around the ice at one of the Metro's outdoor rinks!
- Ice Sports Arena 19900 Johnson Dr., Shawnee, KS, 913.441.3033
- HCA Midwest Community Ice 19100 E. Valley View Pkwy., Independence, MO, 816.795.7577
- Line Creek Community Center Ice Rink 5940 NW Waukomis Dr., Kansas City, MO, 816.513.0760
- The Ice at Park Place 11565 Ash St., Leawood, KS
- Crown Center Ice Terrace Crown Center, 2500 Grand Blvd., Kansas City, MO
- Linden Square NE 70th & N. Cherry, Gladstone, MO
- The Rink at Burlington Square 6109 NW 63rd Ter., Kansas City, MO, 816.249.2600
Celebrate at Power Play
Dec. 31 from 5:30-9:00pm or 9:00-12:30am at Power Play 13110 W. 62nd Terrace, Shawnee, KS. 913.268.7200. Enjoy the Incredible Buffet, 3 Hour Unlimited Games/Attractions*, 40 PowerPoints for Just $30.00 per person** in advance ($35 at the door). Call 913-268-7200 to reserve in advance *Unlimited excludes redemptiom games that give tickets/prizes **Price excludes tax
Major League New Year's Eve at Comedy City
Dec. 31 at Comedy City Call for reservations at 816.842.2744. Enjoy an evening of laugh out loud improv comedy at Comedy City... a family friendly show for the whole gang!Ring in the New Year (A little early) with Montevideo, Uruguay as they bring the New Year with us. Just a few hours early!
Roller Skate in the New Year
Remember the last time you laced up the skates and took a spin on the rink? Local rinks host family sessions in the winter when school is out. Most rinks will be hosting New Year's Eve parties. Contact rinks for details.
- B & D South Skate Center: 13903 E. Noland Ct., Independence, MO, 816.252.1084. ’50s Skate Night: Sun., 7:00-9:00. Admission and skate rental 50 cents each.
- Landmark Skate Center: 701 SW Oldham Pkwy., Lee’s Summit, MO, 816.524.2000. Wednesdays are Family Fun Night: Family of four skates for just $12.00 (skates included). Admission is just $3.75 for individuals.
- Northland Rolladium: 1020 Kent St., Liberty, MO, 816.792.0590. Wednesdays are Cheap Sk8: 99-cent skate rental plus 99-cent admission, 7:00-9:00.
- River Roll Skate Center: 4720 NW Gateway Ave., Kansas City, MO, 816.587.0131. Family night on Tuesdays, 6:30-9:30. $5 admission includes skates.
- Skate City South: 10440 Mastin St., Overland Park, KS, 913.888.6668. On Sundays: 4:00-6:00 admission is $5 and includes a slice of pizza!
- Winnwood Skate Center: 4426 NE Winn Rd., Kansas City, MO, 816.452.1171. Saturday matinee: 1:00-4:00, $4 admission plus $2 skate rental.
- Skate City Shawnee: 9800 W. 62nd Ter., Shawnee, KS, 913.262.0711. Gospel Skate is the first Sunday of the month: 7:00-9:30, $6 each.
New Year's Eve Skiing
Take the family skiing at Snow Creek in Weston, Missouri (816.640.2200). Snow Creek opens at 9am on New Year's Eve and closes at 2am. Enjoy snow boarding and skiing, lessons, and family fun on the scenic hills of Weston.
Note: This guide was compiled by the staff of KC Parent Magazine and may not be reproduced in print or online without permission. If you have additions to this guide, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.