Tips for the Very Best Day at the Pumpkin Patch
Pumpkin Patches are Fall Amusement Parks offering fun-filled attractions for the entire family! With Pumpkin Cannons, Pony Rides, Pumpkin Chomping Dinosaurs, Creative Play Areas, Jumping Pillows, Corn Cribs, Train Rides, Corn Mazes, Ziplines, Petting Zoos, and of course... hayrides to pick the perfect pumpkin, a visit to the local Pumpkin Patch is a Fall Bucket List MUST! With so many local patches to choose from, and so many activities to enjoy, how do you make the most of the fun?
What to Wear:
- Pumpkin Patches offer tons of fun Photo Ops! Consider fall themed clothes for little ones.
- Pumpkin Patches are basically working farms. While they are clean, well maintained, and some paths are paved for visitors - there will be a lot of walking and that includes hay, gravel, fields, petting zoos, and more. Close toed shoes (tennis shoes) are best.
- Wear comfy clothes with climbing on hay bales, playing in playgrounds, enjoying a hayride, exploring a patch for the perfect pumpkin, riding ponies, and petting animals in mind!
When to Visit:
- Each patch offers Special Events throughout the season (watch the KC Parent Pumpkin Patch Guide and Fall Bucket List Blogs for tips and visit the patch websites before your visit to see favorite entertainers).
- Plan to spend 2 or more hours at a patch. Most patches sell food. Be sure to remember your child's appetite and rest needs for the most fun!
- Weekdays are great for Groups if you lead a scout group, school group, or play group.
- Many patches offer discounts on Mondays (especially early on Mondays) as that is a slower time for groups.
- Weekends offer more "Extras" - Entertainers, more attractions open, special events, etc.
What to Bring:
- Camera! A Camera is a MUST - lots of great fall memories for the scrapbook.
- Pumpkin Patch Coupons from KCParent.com
- Hand Sanitizer is available throughout most of the patches, but you may want to have some on hand in case there are lines.
- Diaper Bag
- Bottled Water (if allowed - this varies from patch to patch)
- Money for pumpkins (this is an additional charge), food, extra attractions and any souvenirs or items purchased in gift shops.
- Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Friends, the WHOLE Gang! This is a great outing for the ENTIRE family!
- If outdoor allergies are a factor for your family, be prepared. Hay, grasses, seasonal plants, and animals are part of the fun!
- Many patches are SO LARGE you might miss part of the fun! Be sure to read maps, signs, and website tips before you go to make the most of your visit.
- Plan to allow your kids time to rest after your visit.
- Consider the location of your Patch of Choice... the Map on our Pumpkin Patch guide will help you to consider driving distance.
- Don't rule out visiting SEVERAL patches! Each patch is unique with its own attractions. It is great fun to visit more than one! Discover the BEST Pumpkin Patches in Kansas City to make your selection!