Tips for the BEST Day at Oceans of Fun (and World of Fun too!)
It's summer in Kansas City and that means Oceans of Fun is OPEN for the season! My family was excited to spend the day at Oceans of Fun (and Worlds of Fun) recently kicking off another summer of fun. Worlds of Fun and Oceans of Fun (BOTH parks are enjoyed with one ticket) have so much to offer families.
Some tips for the day:
- If you plan to visit both Worlds of Fun and Oceans of Fun in one day, you may rent a locker to store your things or you may get a handstamp as you come and go from your car with a bag. Bring towels and change of clothing. You may wear a swimsuit and a swim cover-up at Worlds of Fun. Oceans of Fun requires swimwear for their attractions. I recommend tennis shoes for walking (and they are more secure on rides) at Worlds of Fun and flip-flops for Oceans of Fun.
- You may bring one sealed bottle of water per person. There are water fountains throughout the park for refills.
- The parks offer meal deals so you may get the most bang for your food buck. Look at those packages for the best value for your family. Packages include all season or all day meals or drink refills. This is the best value when eating at the parks. We purchased All Day Dining plans and shared food. With the plan you may get a meal at set locations (many locations throughout the parks) every 90 minutes.
- Remember your sunscreen and apply often.
- Children can be officially measured and receive a wristband within Guest Relations to save time and negate the need to be measured at each ride. Planet Snoopy’s 20+ attractions require a minimum of 36”.
- You may bring a stroller or wagon if needed for your family, or they have them for rent as well.
- You'll find the best value on Worlds of Fun tickets if you purchase them online in advance.
- You may bring a picnic and eat at picnic spaces in the parking lot. This requires exiting and re-entering the park with a handstamp.
- The Worlds of Fun app provides information including ride height requirements, a map, and show schedules.
- Check the Worlds of Fun Calendar for special events including fireworks for the NEW Grand Carnivale, Celebrate America over the 4th of July, Military Discounts, Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown, WinterFest and more!
At Oceans of Fun, my girls (ages 7-13), love the slides! We were able to play together at Oceans of Fun in Caribbean Cooler (the lazy river), the wave pool, and slides - including one for four passengers.
There are many fabulous water slides to enjoy!
Riding giant waterslides with up to four passengers was amazing!
We LOVE the Wave Pool with giant waves simulating the ocean! (Notice those fabulous waterslides in the background too!)
Cooling off in Caribbean Cooler is nice and relaxing on a hot day.
Coconut Cove is a fun pool for all ages with great attractions!
There are great water features for all ages... even the youngest guests.
You'll find some fun photo ops throughout the park too!
At Worlds of Fun, they rode every coaster they could (though my youngest was only tall enough for Spinning Dragons - that was okay by her!). With the variety of ages, interests, and sizes in our family - we loved spending time at both parks. The parks are great for all ages. We rode many rides together at Worlds of Fun (Viking Voyager, Sea Dragon, Spinning Dragon, Le Taxi Tour). Sometimes we split up into groups with older kids riding big thrill rides while the younger set headed with a parent to Planet Snoopy. This worked out well and everyone had a blast. It's great to have a place to take the entire family and watch everyone have a great time. We were there from open to close and all four girls are eager to go back!
Our family visits every theme park in Missouri each year, and one thing I really appreciate about Worlds of Fun is Planet Snoopy. Planet Snoopy is the BEST kids section we've found at an amusement park because a) the kids can ride everything (a few - i.e. the kiddie coaster - require an adult passenger with them). We love that Worlds of Fun chose rides for Planet Snoopy with a consistent height requirement so the rides that are appealing to my kids, they can ride. The layout in Planet Snoopy is great - when the park is not crowded, I can easily watch two kids on two rides side by side, they have lots of benches for parents, the aisles are wide and easy to navigate, they offer a great variety of attractions (kid coaster, swings, cars, moon bounce, foam blasters, kid monorail, spinning rides, and more) and MOST of all we LOVE meeting the Peanuts gang! Costumed Peanuts Characters roam Planet Snoopy throughout the day and perform on stage as well. Planet Snoopy features a family building with large bathrooms, changing tables, a nursing/baby feeding room, and a playroom when you need a little rest in the day. The main building is home to a gift shop and the Peanuts theater. I am a big fan of Planet Snoopy for the quality of fun my little ones enjoy and the atmosphere (most relaxed at an amusement park) for parents.
This year, they introduced Pigpen's Petting Zoo - a great new addition to the park. The girls loved feeding and petting animals.
So many coasters... so little time!
The girls love Fury of the Nile... another ride we were able to enjoy as a family at Worlds of Fun!
In addition to Planet Snoopy, my older girls and husband enjoyed all the roller coasters (Mamba is their favorite) - the number one reason to visit Worlds of Fun. My girls love all the coasters and rides.