Kansas City's New Year's Eve Guide for Families
Bid farewell to 2018 and Ring in 2019! Celebrate the New Year with fun for the entire family... you'll find family-friendly parties across the metro as our favorite venues roll out the red carpet for YOU!
Noon Year's Eve at Science City
Dec 31 from 12:00 pm until 7:00 pm at Science City at Union Station 30 W. Pershing Kansas City, MO. 816.460.2083. Noon Year's Eve is THE place to have a fun, safe and educational New Year's Eve party for children of all ages and parents too! Discover the magic of science with hands-on science, interactive maker activities, spectacular stage shows and a 2,500+ Balloon Drop!
New Year's Eve at WinterFest at Worlds of Fun
Dec. 31 from 5-10pm, Worlds of Fun. This year, the holiday fun doesn’t stop when Christmas ends! Worlds of Fun is offering a brand-new way to celebrate New Year’s Eve with a family-friendly alternative: New Year’s Eve at WinterFest! Enjoy all your favorite WinterFest activities around the park. Then, at 10PM, the New Year’s Eve party starts, featuring live music, Snoopy’s Rockin’ NYE Party, with a big countdown timer at midnight and midnight fireworks.
Zoo Year's Eve
Dec. 31 Kansas City Zoo, 6800 Zoo Drive, Kansas City. 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. Free with admission. Ring in the new year Zoo-style! Penguins, polar bears, and many more animals will enjoy festive enrichment items. Dance to the beats of our interactive DJ and make a noise maker before you jump in our photo booth to capture a memory!
Paradise Park's New Year's Eve Party
Dec. 31 at Paradise Park, 1021 NE Colbern Road, Lee's Summit, MO. 3-2-1...Happy 2019 everybody!! You are invited to ring in the New Year early with the legendary Ball Drop at Paradise Park's Foam Factory. Have a blast with friends and family. This rocking New Year's Eve party is an early-evening, totally kid-friendly celebration. Register to win awesome door prizes that you can use all year long at Paradise Park.
New Year's Eve Gala at The Culture House
Dec. 31 from 7pm-12:30am at The Monarch Room 1701 McGee Suite 100, Kansas City, MO. You and your friends & family will have the time of your life at this beautiful and grand event in downtown Kansas City! This event includes drinks, hors d'oeuvres, live music, dancing, showstopping performances from the past five years, a live & silent auction, and a midnight balloon drop with a champagne (or sparkling grape juice) toast! Anyone and everyone is invited! Students, families, friends, neighbors, TCH alumni, businesses, supporters ... come join us for a night of laughs and joy! EVERYONE WHO ATTENDS WILL BE ENTERED INTO A DRAWING FOR TWO FREE TICKETS TO SEE "UNDERGROUND" AT THE KAUFFMAN CENTER, INCLUDING DINNER BEFORE THE SHOW! Since 1996, The Culture House (TCH) has been providing education, enrichment, and professional & non-professional entertainment in dance, theatre, music and visual art. Arts shape culture - they have the power to build a better life and a better community. People find positive cultural direction, personal growth and artistic excellence here. And just as important as culture, home means family. It's a place to connect through art and build family. Where professional excellence, artistic beauty and neighborhood intersect, you'll find TCH! Come celebrate the arts, community, growth, family, fun, friends, and a New Year full of surprises and continued growth! All proceeds go to benefit the programs and continued growth at The Culture House Conservatory of the Arts. Purchase tickets in advance online.
Snowball, the New Year's Eve Celebration at Great Wolf Lodge
Great Wolf Lodge (10401 Cabela Drive, Kansas City, KS. 913.299.7001) is the place to be with the family this NYE. Enjoy fun, music and more as you ring in the New Year! You may also enjoy the NYE Buffet: Ring in 2019 with a grand buffet! Great Wolf Lodge howlidays are about family, tradition and fun. Leave the cooking (and cleaning!) to us and make more memories with the ones you love while dining on elevated, cross-cultural fare - and an array of delicious desserts.
CoCo's New Year's Eve Carnival
Dec. 31 from 8-11pm at CoCo Key Water Resort, 9103 E 39th St, Kansas City, MO. NYE Packages include overnight accommodations with 4 water resort passes valid for (2) days, Kansas City’s largest beach ball drop at 11pm, one large pizza with 4 drinks, four (4) $5 arcade cards, champagne toast/Sparkling grape juice for the kiddos, c,otton candy, games, food specials, balloon twister, bounce house and much more
New Year's Eve at Briarcliff Village
Dec. 31, This party for adults is at The View at Briarcliff Village, KC, MO. This party will rock in New Year's Eve with entertainment provided by Kansas City's favorite cover band Lost Wax! Our 7,200 square foot ballroom will be dressed and designed with New Year's Eve flair, including party favors and a complimentary photo booth! Guests will enjoy an open premium bar all evening. We'll pop the cork with a champagne toast and balloon drop at midnight!
Celebrate with Ice Skating
Take a Spin around the ice at one of the Metro's outdoor rinks!
Kansas City's Outdoor Ice Skating Rinks:
The season for the outdoor rinks is typically November through February or March. Please call for hours for each location.
- Crown Center Ice Terrace 2425 Grand Blvd., Kansas City, MO, 816.274.8411, CrownCenter.com. Admission is $7/ea, and $3/skate rental. On Tuesdays after 5:00, pay one full-price admission and receive a second for FREE. Hours November, December and January: Sunday - Thursday, 10 am - 9 pm. Friday - Saturday, 10 am - 11 pm. Holiday Hours: Christmas Eve, 10 am - 6 pm. Christmas Day, CLOSED. New Year's Eve, 10 am - 6 pm. New Year's Day, noon - 9 pm.
- Summit Ice 120 NE Chipman Rd., Lee’s Summit MO, 816.249.2600, KCIce.net. Enjoy skating, pond hockey, curling, broom ball and ice skating lessons at this facility. Hours: Mon - Thur: 2:00-8:00pm. Fri: 2:00pm - 10:50pm. Sat: 11:00am - 10:50pm. Sun: 11:00am - 8:00pm. School Break & School Closings: Open at 11:00am.
- The Ice at Park Place 11565 Ash St., Leawood, KS, 913.663.2070, ParkPlaceLeawood.com. Throughout the season enjoy special events like Skating with Santa, Princess Skate and Valentine's Day Skate.
- Linden Square Ice Rink 602 NE 70th St., Gladstone, MO, 816.423.4200, LindenSquare.info/ice-rink. Children 4 and under skate free at this affordable local rink.
- Ice Rink at Bois D'Arc Park in Lenexa West 88th Terrace, Lenexa, KS. This rink is only open when temps are cold enough for the ice to be solid. The rink is open during daytime hours and is free to use, but you must bring your own skates. Lenexa.com
Kansas City's Indoor Ice Skating Rinks Open Year-round:
- Centerpoint Medical Center Community Ice Rink 19100 E. Valley View Pkwy., Independence, MO, 816.795.7577, CenterpointCommunityIce.com
- Kansas City Ice Center and Pavilion 19900 Johnson Dr., Shawnee, KS, 913.441.3033, KCIceCenter.com
- Line Creek Community Center Ice Rink 5940 NW Waukomis Dr., Kansas City, MO, 816.513.0760, KCParks.org/places/line-creek
Main Event offers three locations in the metro where you’ll have a blast enjoying their state-of-the-art bowling, multi-level laser tag, thrilling high ropes adventure courses, video games, billiards and fast-casual restaurants. The 45,000- to 75,000-square-foot family entertainment centers offer specials throughout the week and great packages for groups. Sun-Fri enjoy $7/activity (bowling, billiards, laser tag & more). On Mondays enjoy ALL-YOU-CAN-PLAY activities or arcade games for only $10.95 per guest from 4pm to close. Or, purchase an ALL-DAY FUNPASS. For only $24.95, you can play all of Main Event's activities all day, any day of the week. That includes unlimited bowling, laser tag, billiards, and more.
Jump City (8020 E 171st St, Belton, MO) is an indoor play place kids love. With wall-to- wall inflatables, a variety of arcade games, full concession options there is plenty to enjoy at this indoor attraction. Tip: Save with our coupon!
Roller Skate in the New Year
Remember the last time you laced up the skates? Local roller rinks host family sessions in the winter when school is out. Most rinks will be hosting New Year's Eve parties. Contact rinks for details.
- Skate City (10440 Mastin St., Overland Park, KS .913.888.6668). offers Winter Break Sessions all season. Visit http://www.skatecitykansas.com/overland-park.html for info.
- Skate City (9800 W 62nd Terrace, Merriam, KS ). offers Winter Break Sessions all season. Visit http://www.skatecitykansas.com/shawnee-mission.html for info.
- Landmark Skate (701 Southeast Oldham Ct. Lee's Summit, MO. 816.524.2000). offers Winter Break Sessions all season from 1-3pm on Dec, 20, 21, 26, 27, 28, Jan. 2 and 28. Visit http://landmark2skate.com/calendar/ for info.
- B & D South Skating Rink (13903 E. Noland Court, Independence, MO. 816.252.1084). They offer Winter Break Sessions - visit http://www.banddsouth.com/.
- Northland Rolladium (1020 Kent St, Liberty, MO. 816.792.0590). offers Winter Break Sessions all season. Visit http://www.skateliberty.net for info.
- River Roll (4720 NW Gateway, Riverside, MO. 816.587.0131). offers Winter Break Sessions. Info at http://www.riverroll.com.
Note: This guide was compiled by the staff of KC Parent Magazine and may not be reproduced in print or online without permission. If you have additions to this guide, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.