Best Soups in Kansas City
Treat your family to delicious soups from Kansas City’s own eateries where local chefs know how to create tasty, nutritious and filling soups for every palate! Tip: Most of the restaurants below change their soup offerings frequently with new choices throughout the week.
549 Gillis St., Kansas City, MO, 816.471.3663, www.HappyGillis.com
Happy Gillis, in Old Columbus Park, was founded by Todd Schulte who started his culinary career the soup business. His expertise at creating delicious recipes with healthy all natural ingredients makes Happy Gillis and his next door business Uncommon Stock (a soup-to-go company also owned by Schulte) absolute musts on a KC soup tour.
- Most Popular Soups: White bean soup and tomato soup are both super popular among reviewers, but truly at Happy Gillis, where the soup changes seasonally, you can’t go wrong!
- Great for Kids Because… Happy Gillis is committed to using all natural healthy ingredients, and they offer a super fun vintage atmosphere with white paper and crayons on the tables.
Best Regards Bakery & Café
6759 W. 119th St., Overland Park, 913.782.1505, www.MakeThemSmile.com
At Best Regards Bakery & Café, everything is made from scratch. In addition to great soups, the grilled cheese is something that has everyone talking.
- Most Popular Soups: It’s hard to choose a favorite, but the San Marzano tomato basil soup & oven roasted potato soup are two that top the list.
- Great for Kids Because… BRB&C uses healthy ingredients and the finest products they can find. They use no corn syrup, no preservatives, no artificial flavors and as little salt and sugar as possible.
Big Biscuit offers numerous locations across the Metro. The restaurant started in Independence in 2000, adding three more locations over the years. They live up to their “big” name with famously large portions. The neighborhood diner-style restaurant offers friendly service in a cozy atmosphere and homestyle cooking.
- Most Popular Soups: Potato soup and pinto bean soup
- Great for Kids Because… The Big Biscuit offers a terrific family atmosphere where guests of all ages will find something on the menu to enjoy, whether it is soup and a sandwich or breakfast all day long.