Axe Throwing at Blade & Timber
A New Trend in Family Fun
Sometimes you want to try something new... something adventurous... something fun... something one-of-a-kind.... and Blade & Timber is the perfect choice.
Axe throwing venues have been popping up across Kansas City, striking curiosity and appealing to the adventurous side of couples, teens, families, and groups of all ages. Blade & Timber offers packages enjoy a few hours of "friendly competition" throwing axes at a target.
So, what is a beginner to expect? The KC Parent team recently enjoyed our company holiday party at Blade & Timber and the entire group gives it two thumbs up! This was an excellent place to celebrate with families representing all ages from young children to adult (you must be 10 or older to throw axes, but the younger children had fun observing and cheering for their friends and parents).
Basic things to know:
- All participants must be 10 years old or older.
- You must wear closed toe shoes to participate (comfy clothes recommended). They do offer crocks if you forget.
- All participants will receive instruction and tips prior to starting. Their certified instructors demonstrate the process and coach each participant through a few practice throws before you begin. They'll even offer more advice and tips as you go. Most of the participants in our group scored a bull's eye before the evening was over! We were very impressed with the hospitality and encouragement offered by their coaching staff. They made everyone feel comfortable and explained the process well.
- They do sell beverages, but there are no snacks on site. You may bring your own refreshments. However, guests are not permitted to bring alcohol.
- They offer group rates, reservations, or walk-in options (upon availability). So, this works well for a date night or friends' night out, or for a group event.
- Blade & Timber provides all the equipment. You may not bring your own axe (or any other object) to throw at the target.
- They have rules in place for the safety of all guests - they'll explain the rules clearly (they're fairly simple... stay behind the line when someone is throwing, place the axe in a sheath when finished, the next thrower will retrieve the axe from the sheath, etc.) Follow the rules and you'll have a great time!
- Take photos! This is a fun bucket list adventure... and if your group is like ours, everyone will want to do it again!
KC Area Locations
- WEST BOTTOMS 1101 Mulberry St. Kansas City, MO. (816) 343-8489
- TOWN CENTER 5203 W 117th St.Leawood, KS. (913) 205-5421
- LAWRENCE 809 Massachusetts St. Lawrence, KS. (785) 766-0020
- WICHITA 535 W. Douglas Ave Ste 160 Wichita, KS. (316) 213-3961
Axe throwing, it turns out, is "similar" to throwing darts or bowling. Each group has a lane, and they take turns aiming for the bull's eye. Blade & Timber provides a dry erase board in each lane for score keeping. Your fee is good for an 1.5hr game of axe throwing. Our group of beginners had a great time! There were hits and misses, but everyone scored and many in our group even hit the bull's eye. This was a truly unique experience and great fun!
If you're looking for a fun family outing this holiday season, Blade & Timber is a great choice!