Kansas City's New Year's Eve Guide for Families
Ring in 2018 edition!
Bid farewell to 2017 and Ring in 2018! Celebrate the New Year with fun for the entire family... you'll find family-friendly parties across the metro as our favorite venues roll out the red carpet for YOU!
Noon Year's Eve at Science City
Dec 31 from 12:00 pm until 7:00 pm at Science City at Union Station 30 W. Pershing Kansas City, MO. 816.460.2083. Noon Year's Eve is THE place to have a fun, safe and educational New Year's Eve party for children of all ages and parents too! Discover the magic of science with hands-on science, make-and-takes, stage shows and more!
Zoo Year's Eve
Dec. 31 Kansas City Zoo, 6800 Zoo Drive, Kansas City. 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. Free with admission. Ring in the new year Zoo-style! Penguins, polar bears, and many more animals will enjoy festive enrichment items. Dance to the beats of our interactive DJ and make a noise maker before you jump in our photo booth to capture a memory!
Paradise Park's New Year's Eve Party
Dec. 31 at Paradise Park, 1021 NE Colbern Road, Lee's Summit. 12:00 pm to 6:00 pm. 3-2-1… Happy 2018! You are invited to ring in the New Year early with the legendary Ball Drop at Paradise Park’s Foam Factory. Have a blast with friends and family. This rocking New Year’s Eve party is an early evening, totally kid-friendly celebration. Register to win awesome door prizes you can use all year long at Paradise Park. Refer a friend to join our Discovery Family Pass and we will share even more awesome gifts for you and your family to enjoy out of our grab bag of FUN.
THE 21ST ANNUAL DRUG- AND ALCOHOL-FREE New Year's Eve Celebration is HERE!!!!!
Dec. 31 at Platte County Community Center South YMCA 8875 Clark Ave, Parkville, MO. KansasCityYMCA.org. This year brings a ton of new fun, including Local Legends Gaming, Mad Science, GNC,Parkville Commons, The National Golf Club of Kansas City. Enjoy the brand new TEEN ZONE (youth 13 years old to seniors) during the Family Party at the Deuce, with shuttles provided at 7 and 8:30pm. Limited spots available at the Deuce, please ask for more information! PLUS, our awesome regular partners including Line Creek Ice Arena(5+ years involved), Hope Fellowship Church (5 years involved), Platte County Community Center South (7+ years), and the Riverside Community Center (2 years)! Also, want to especially thank River Roll Skate Center has been a partner for this event for well over 10 years, so please make sure to thank them for their continued involvement in providing this incredible event. Ticket booklets go on sale Sunday, December 10th at the Y. LET'S RING IN 2018 TOGETHER!
Snowball, the New Year's Eve Celebration at Great Wolf Lodge
Great Wolf Lodge (10401 Cabela Drive, Kansas City, KS. 913.299.7001) is the place to be with the family this NYE. Enjoy fun, music and more as you ring in the New Year! You may also enjoy the NYE Buffet: Ring in 2018 with a grand buffet! Great Wolf Lodge howlidays are about family, tradition and fun. Leave the cooking (and cleaning!) to us and make more memories with the ones you love while dining on elevated, cross-cultural fare - and an array of delicious desserts.
Celebrate New Year's Eve at CoCo Key
Dec. 31 at CoCo Key Water Resort, 9103 E 39th St, Kansas City, MO. Dec. 30 is Movie Night, Dec. 31 enjoy a Balloon Artist. The entire weekend, enjoy swimming at the indoor waterpark!
New Year’s Eve Full Moon Hike
Dec. 31 from 5-8pm at 5pm on New Year's Eve at George Owens Nature Park (1601 S. Speck Rd. Independence, MO). Reserve your space at (816) 325-7115. Each hike is limited to 15 participants. You must be able to hike off-trail. No baby strollers or lightup shoes, please. *These hikes will be on paved trails and are for anyone who prefers even terrain. Stroller and wheelchair accessible. Reservations required by Thursday, Dec 28, 5 pm.
Waldo NYE Ball Drop
Dec. 31 at 11:45pm - Join Waldo Mayor Pro Tem, Debby Allmon as she rings in the New Year at the Waldo Fountain (75th and Wornall)! The annual event will be from roughly 11:45pm to 12:15am. Make sure to have a safe ride and enjoy the evening responsibly.
Celebrate with Ice Skating
Take a Spin around the ice at one of the Metro's outdoor rinks!
Kansas City's Indoor Ice Skating Rinks:
- HCA Midwest Centerpoint Community Ice 19100 E Valley View Pkwy., Independence, MO. 816.795.7577
- Kansas City Ice Center and Pavilion 19900 Johnson Dr., Shawnee, KS. 913.441.3033
- Line Creek Community Center Ice Rink 5940 NW Waukomis Dr., Kansas City, MO. 816.513.0760
- Crown Center Ice Terrace 2425 Grand Blvd, Kansas City, MO. 816.274.8411. Kansas City's original ice skating rink is open for its 45th season of great skating fun! Regular admission is $6, or free for adults over age 60 and children age 4 and under. Skate rental is $3, or skaters may bring their own. Hours: Sunday - Thursday, 10 a.m. - 9 p.m. Friday - Saturday, 10 a.m. - 11 p.m.
- The Ice at Park Place 11565 Ash St, Leawood, KS. 913.663.2070
- Linden Square Ice Rink 602 NE 70th St., Gladstone, MO. 816.423.4092
- The Rink at Burlington Creek 6109 NW 63rd Terrace, Kansas City, MO. 816.249.2600
Roller Skate in the New Year
Remember the last time you laced up the skates? Local roller rinks host family sessions in the winter when school is out. Most rinks will be hosting New Year's Eve parties. Contact rinks for details.
- Skate City (10440 Mastin St., Overland Park, KS. 913.888.6668) Visit http://www.skatecitykansas.com/overland-park.html for info.
- Skate City (9800 W 62nd Terrace, Merriam, KS.) Visit http://www.skatecitykansas.com/shawnee-mission.html for info.
- Landmark Skate (701 Southeast Oldham Ct. Lee's Summit, MO. 816.524.2000). Visit http://landmark2skate.com/calendar/ for info.
- B & D South Skating Rink (13903 E. Noland Court, Independence, MO. 816.252.1084). Visit http://www.banddsouth.com/.
- Northland Rolladium (1020 Kent St, Liberty, MO. 816.792.0590). Visit http://www.skateliberty.net for info.
- River Roll (4720 NW Gateway, Riverside, MO. 816.587.0131). Visit http://www.riverroll.com
- Skate City Legends (7838 Washington Ave., KCKS. 913.788.7788). Visit http://www.skatecitykansas.com/legends.html for info.
Note: This guide was compiled by the staff of KC Parent Magazine and may not be reproduced in print or online without permission. If you have additions to this guide, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.