Ice Skating & Winter Sports in Kansas City
This winter, spend some time with the family at a local ice skating rink, ski resort, or hockey game!
Head to Weston for skiing and snowboarding at Snow Creek Ski Resort (816.640.2200). The facility offers snow skiing, snowboarding and snow tubing and lessons for beginners. The most daring experience at Snow Creek is tubing at Tornado Alley. Slide down a 700-foot-long slope and then jump onto a special conveyor carpet "twister" for a ride back up!
If you’re more into spectator sports, catch an ice hockey game in Independence as you cheer for the Missouri Mavericks (19100 E Valley View Pkwy, Independence, MO. 816.252.7825).
And, top off the winter family fun with a spin on the ice at one of these indoor and outdoor ice skating rinks:
NEW in 2017!
WinterFest at Worlds of Fun
Nov. 24- Dec. 30 at Worlds of Fun. Holiday cheer rings out at Worlds of Fun during the first annual WinterFest celebration. Thousands of sparkling lights transform the park with an inviting glow that warms the heart and lifts the spirit. Witness 10 live shows, meet over 16 iconic holiday characters, join 9 holiday activities like ice skating and cooking decorating, ride select park attractions, and create lasting memories with family and friends. We're especially excited to celebrate with Charlie Brown and Snoopy! Charlie, the gang, and a cast of 18 singers and dancers will present a Christmas Holiday Spectacular! This stunning display of holiday cheer includes high-kicking and a hefty amount of sequins to dazzle the audience. Charlie Brown even takes the stage to impress the audience with his extra special dance moves, but you can be assured the Snoopy and Lucy won’t let him steal the spotlight. All of the PEANUTS gang will be represented in this fast-paced spectacle, brought together with the talented performers who will delight with their harmonious vocals and fancy footwork in this Broadway-caliber show!
Kansas City's Indoor Ice Skating Rinks:
- HCA Midwest Centerpoint Community Ice 19100 E Valley View Pkwy., Independence, MO. 816.795.7577
- Kansas City Ice Center and Pavilion 19900 Johnson Dr., Shawnee, KS. 913.441.3033
- Line Creek Community Center Ice Rink 5940 NW Waukomis Dr., Kansas City, MO. 816.513.0760
- Crown Center Ice Terrace 2425 Grand Blvd, Kansas City, MO. 816.274.8411. Kansas City's original ice skating rink is open for its 45th season of great skating fun! Regular admission is $6, or free for adults over age 60 and children age 4 and under. Skate rental is $3, or skaters may bring their own. Hours: Sunday - Thursday, 10 a.m. - 9 p.m. Friday - Saturday, 10 a.m. - 11 p.m.
- The Ice at Park Place 11565 Ash St, Leawood, KS. 913.663.2070
- Linden Square Ice Rink 602 NE 70th St., Gladstone, MO. 816.423.4092
- The Rink at Burlington Creek 6109 NW 63rd Terrace, Kansas City, MO. 816.249.2600