Carolyn's Country Cousins Pumpkin Patch and Why We LOVE It!
Visiting Carolyn's Country Cousins Pumpkin Patch is one of our favorite fall traditions. Carolyn's Country Cousins Pumpkin Patch is one of the largest patches in the area and one of the most popular. The attraction is beautiful, educational, and offers a lot of family fun. Be sure to bring your KC Parent / Carolyn's Country Cousins Coupon on your visit.
Carolyn's Country Cousins Pumpkin Patch is open daily until Halloween. Over the years, we've visited during the week and on weekends. We always have a great time, but I'm partial to weekends when we see the Pumpkin Princess, watch Uncle Lester's Pig Races, and the entire atmosphere of the patch is festive!
This year, they introduced a NEW Carousel. Every guest enjoys one free ride with admission.
Enjoy a day of family fun and delicious fall favorites. Carolyn's Country Cousins Pumpkin Patch is known for their delicious pumpkin donuts (my personal favorite!) and apple cider slushes. We purchased a refillable pumpkin cup years ago and bring it every year - I store it in my fall decorations box at the end of the season). You can also enjoy other delicious concessions (you can buy lunch there, they do ask that you do not bring outside food or drink, but did permit one bottle of water per person in our family).
Favorite attractions at Carolyn's include Little Bud's Railroad, the giant rocking chair, Uncle Lester's Pig Races, visits with the Pumpkin Princess, the Jack o' lantern jumping pad, the giant corn crib, the pedal kart track, and the bouncing horses.
In addition to these great attractions, we love that Carolyn's is a REAL pumpkin patch, with beautiful pumpkins picked right off the vine. In addition, you may select specialty "off the vine" pumpkins in their shop.
So, what is a visitor to expect at Carolyn's Country Cousins?
Some of our Favorite Features at Carolyn's Country Cousins Pumpkin Patch:
The NEW Carousel! Every guest enjoys one free ride on the carousel! Additional tokens may be purchased. This old-fashioned carousel is beautiful and fun.
The Jumping Pillow The Jack O'Lantern Jumping Pillow is a big hit with little ones!
The Pumpkin Princess! A Carolyn's Country Cousins tradition, the Pumpkin Princess visits with guests on weekends and is available for photo ops.
The amazing selection of pumpkins, squash, and gourds. It is a tradition for our oldest daughter to select a "Lumpy Bumpy Guy" (warty pumpkin) every year. She loves the pumpkins others might overlook. We find the perfect Lumpy Bumpy Guy every year at Carolyn's!
Pedal Karts: Perfect for big kids, little kids, and mom & dad. My girls LOVE the pedal karts!
Fun places to play! Children enjoy the corn crib (a silo with dried corn to be enjoyed much like a sandbox - but not as messy!), straw maze, the trike track, playground, play fort, giant slides, and horse swing sets.
Uncle Lester's Pig Races! On weekends, catch a pig race. The kids always enjoy laughing at the humorous announcements and cheering for celebrity pigs with Sesame Street, Star Wars, and Celebrity Themed names. The bleachers make it easy for everyone to see and the races are a fun novelty.
The Pumpkin Donuts and Cider Slushes
Concessions at Carolyn's Country Cousins are delicious! The Pumpkin Donuts are a MUST! I also recommend buying the refillable pumpkin cup for cider slushes and bringing it back year after year.
Tips before You Visit Carolyn's Country Cousins:
- Read the Carolyn's Country Cousins Pumpkin Patch Listing for complete details, hours, pricing, and map!
- Save $1 off Admission with our coupon!
- We spent 4 hours at the patch. Weekdays are fun for a low-key experience. You'll experience a smaller crowd during the week and your experience will be more leisurely and relaxed. On Weekends, you can enjoy live entertainers and special events and all of the attractions. We enjoy weekday and weekend experiences for different reasons - choose what works best for your family and age brackets.
- Read our Pumpkin Patch tips for what to bring, what to wear, and more!
- Just 15 minutes from Downtown Kansas City, this patch is so large it is worth the trip!
- Bring money for additional attractions: Train rides, Fossil Mining, the Liberty Corn Maze (next door).
- Bring money for Pumpkins.
- Bring money for concessions. The Cider Slushes and Pumpkin Donuts are a fall tradition! You'll also find a variety of lunch items and baked goods.
Carolyn's Country Cousins continues to be one of our favorite fall traditions and we know your family will love it too!