10 Favorite Family Memberships in Kansas City
Season passes and family memberships are fantastic holiday gifts: clutter free, memory making, educational and fun. Members enjoy free admission, exclusive members-only events, members-only newsletters and often receive discounts at gift shops and concessions, along with other great perks. We love receiving memberships from grandparents and relatives. These are our favorite places for memberships locally and our favorite membership perks.
- Kansas City Zoo 6800 Zoo Dr., Kansas City, MO, 816.595.1234, KansasCityZoo.org/membership Favorite Perk: The zoo offers various levels of memberships so you can select the perks you will use most (e.g., unlimited rides on the train, carousel and Sky Safari), but all members enjoy FREE or reduced admission at more than 150 other zoos and aquariums across the United States.
- Worlds of Fun/Oceans of Fun 8000 NE Parvin Rd. Kansas City, MO, WorldsOfFun.com Favorite Perk: Not only do you enjoy unlimited access to rides, attractions, waterpark, and live entertainment, but you also get great discounts throughout the season. Simply flash your pass to receive up to 10% off food or merchandise, purchase discounted admission tickets for friends, receive free parking and enjoy early access to your favorite rides before anyone else.
- Johnson County Museum 8788 Metcalf Ave, Overland Park, KS, www.jocogov.org/dept/museum/home Favorite Perk: Family memberships are only $50 - very affordable and members enjoy FREE admission as well as discounts on museum programs and events and 10% discount at the gift store in addition to other perks like invitations to exhibit openings and special events.
- Union Station’s Science City 30 W. Pershing Rd., Kansas City, MO, 816.460.2020, UnionStation.org/membership Favorite Perk: Free or discounted admission to nearly 300 museums in the United States and around the world, making this a top pick to have on family trips to visit science museums and city museums on vacation.
- Powell Gardens 1609 NW US Hwy. 50, Kingsville, MO, 816.697.2600, PowellGardens.org/membership Favorite Perk: Members enjoy free admission to top-notch annual festivals (including the Festival of Butterflies and the NEW Festival of Lights) and free or discounted admission to more than 200 gardens and arboretums and discounted classes and programs for families.
- Paradise Park 1021 NE Colbern Rd., Lee's Summit, MO, 816.246.5224, Paradise-Park.com/family-adventure-pass/ Favorite Perk: You can choose the level of membership to purchase according to the attractions your family enjoys most. Members are invited to attend exclusive FAP appreciation nights with fun and seasonal activities.
- The National Museum of Toys and Miniatures 5235 Oak St., Kansas City, MO, 816.235.8000, ToyAndMiniatureMuseum.org/membership/ Favorite Perk: You decide to buy a pass for up to two, six or 12 guests per visit and bring any combination of guests each time you visit. This is a great way to share a favorite local attraction with out-of-town guests.
- The National WWI Museum and Memorial 100 W. 26th St., Kansas City, MO, 816.888.8100, TheWorldWar.org/support/become-member Favorite Perk: May purchase additional museum tickets for guests at half price.
- The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art 4525 Oak St., Kansas City, MO, 816.751.1278, nc.Nelson-Atkins.org/Membership Favorite Perk: FREE admission to featured exhibitions and FREE parking. Upper levels also include free admission to other art museums.
- Sea Life and/or LEGOLAND Discovery Center 2475 Grand, Kansas City, MO. kansascity.legolanddiscoverycenter.com and visitsealife.com/kansas-city Favorite Sea Life Perk: Discounts to select other Association of Zoos and Aquariums Accredited facilities across the country! Also, enjoy Birthday Party, Gift Shop, and other discounts. Favorite Legoland Perk: Discounts in the gift shop and special events for members. Favorite Perk for both: Kids Go Free Admission to Science City at Union Station! One free child per with one full price paid adult ticket per Annual Pass.