Louisburg Cider Mill & Pumpkin Patch
Iam wild about autumn... I love everything about the season! The weather, the colors, the foods! If someone said, "You must choose your number one favorite fall food.".... I would absolutely have to choose apple cider donuts from Louisburg Cider Mill.... followed closely by apple cider from Louisburg Cider Mill.
Every year, it is a tradition to take my girls to Louisburg to watch cider making and donut making and snack on the tasty fall treats. We then head over to the pumpkin patch and corn maze for more fall fun!
The Cider Mill and Country Store are always FREE to visit. In the summer, you can watch as they bottle the company's Lost Trail Rootbeer. We love watch-it-made tours and this is a must-see. Read our blog: Watch Cider Making at the Louisburg Cider Mill for information on the cider making tour.
Inside the Cider Mill Barn
I love many things about Louisburg Cider Mill but one of the favorites is the family who owns it. Clea Barry, granddaughter of the original owners (it has been in the family since 1977), takes us on a tour each year. Her enthusiasm for the family business and her community are contagious! I love listening to her tell of their relationships with neighbors (one neighbor owns planes and takes the aerial corn maze photos each year, another drives the hay rides, and others own nearby pumpkin patches and they partner their businesses) and the family history behind the delicious label. Every year, 7 million lbs of Kansas and Missouri apples are converted into 500,000 gallons of delicious cider (some of it used to make warm and tasty cider donuts).
A neighborly Fly Over
At Louisburg Cider Mill you'll enjoy country hospitality where visitors are welcome to bring their own picnic (as a mom on a budget I love that!), and take lots of photos to capture family memories in front of the beautiful red cider mill and wandering through this year's Frankenzombie corn maze.
Some of our Favorite Features at Louisburg Cider Mill Pumpkin Patch:
The REAL 10-acre Pumpkin Patch! The patch is beautiful this year. Visitors will find a variety of sizes, shapes, colors, and types of pumpkins. There are even a few Cinderella Pumpkins in the patch!
The 10-Acre Frankenzombie Corn Maze... with a NEW GAME to play inside! Every year the Louisburg Cider Mill team plans a new corn maze and this year's is Frankenzombie. The Corn Maze is included in the price of admission to the pumpkin patch. This year's maze introduces a brand new game. Bring your smart phone to play Moogle. Throughout the maze you'll find Moogle signs. On each sign there are QR Codes to scan or numbers to text for riddles to solve. Solve the riddle or trivia question and then you'll be told which way to turn in the maze. (There are enough signs to add to the fun, but not enough to solve the entire maze for you.) Also, hidden in the maze, visitors will find letters that you can unscramble to create a word. Tips: Make sure everyone uses the restroom before you start the maze (it takes 30-60 minutes). Wear tennis shoes (depending on recent rainfall, it may be a bit muddy). Stick with your group. And, use #Frankenzombie when uploading photos to social media!
The Sunflower Hill Slide! This large slide is big enough for the entire family to enjoy!
The Jumping Pillow. Jumping Pillow (only open on weekends) requires an additional $2 bracelet.
The Jack-O-Lantern Corn Crib. Playing in dried corn is definitely a favorite feature at local pumpkin patches and the Jack-O-Lantern is a great touch!
Kid-Size Maze. Kids enjoy this maze (and mom can watch easily) as they wind through the rainbow pallets and find letters to unscramble a fun word.
The Play Space. Lots of creative Country Themed play spaces are fun for young children.
The Wagon Ride. What an authentically fun autumn tradition! The tractor pulled hayride is really fun.
Fun Photo Ops. Painted signs make a fun photo op!
Tips before You Visit Louisburg Cider Mill & Pumpkin Patch:
- Read the Louisburg Cider Mill Pumpkin Patch Listing for complete details, hours, pricing, and map!
- Admission and Hours of Operation: Louisburg Cider Mill Pumpkin Patch 14730 K68 Highway, Louisburg, KS. Mon through Thur 10 am to 5 pm (weekday discounted ticket $6, no hayrides during the week). Fridays & Saturdays 10am – 10 pm, Sundays 10 am – 6 pm. Open through Nov 2nd. Country Store (open year round) Hours: 8am-6pm, Mon-Sat, 10am-6pm, Sundays As always, there is no admission for the Cider Mill & Country Store as well as viewing of the apple cider pressing.
- We spent 3 hours at the patch, getting lost in the corn maze, and visiting the Cider Mill.
- Read our Pumpkin Patch tips for what to bring, what to wear, and more!
- Bring money for the jumping pillow and goodies at the Country Store. Apple Cider Donuts and fresh cider are some of autumn's tastiest traditions!
- You may bring your own lunch - we love this option! Or bring money and buy concessions there on weekends.
- They offer group tours and discounts if you lead a school group, play group, or church group!
- Louisburg Cider Mill is close to wherever you are: Twenty miles south of metro Kansas City via US Hwy. 69 to the Louisburg exit (Hwy. 68), then three miles west. Approximate Driving Distances: Overland Park, Kansas — 25 miles. Country Club Plaza Kansas City, Missouri — 29 miles. Downtown Kansas City, Missouri — 39 miles. Leawood, Kansas — 23 miles. Olathe, Kansas — 20 miles. Lenexa, Kansas — 24 miles.
Special Events Louisburg Cider Mill Pumpkin Patch
9/19: Opening Day, 10 am to 10 pm
9/19-9/21: Scout Weekend! Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Brownies & Daisies get $2 off admission when you wear you wear your uniform or show your badge
9/19 – 9/21: Add your homemade scarecrow to our field display to receive $2 off admission
10/10/14 – 10/12/14: As our way of saying “Thank You!” to all community service workers, all teachers, firefighters, first responders, EMTs, nurses and doctors will receive $2 off admission to the Corn Maze & Pumpkin Patch with a valid ID badge.
10/17/14 – 10/19/14: College weekend!! College students receive $2 off admission when you show your student ID!
10/18/14: 6:30 pm to 10 pm Zombie Forest Night! Dress up for this fun night of spooks and thrills! Live music, bonfire, hayrides and more! Bring your flashlight to go through the maze in the dark!
Saturday 10/25/14: 5th Annual Burning Scarecrow Event at 7:00 pm. Live music, bonfire, hayrides and more! Bring your flashlight to go through the maze in the dark! Zombie Forest continues!
HALLOWEEN!! October 31st: Wear your costume for $1 off your ticket and some spooky Halloween fun!!
9/27/14 to 10/26/14, Every Sat & Sun: Great food vendors & FREE live music at the Cider Mill
Louisburg Cider Mill Pumpkin Patch is a favorite fall tradition for our family!