Five Fabulous Bike Trails in Kansas City
Take a photo safari on a bike trail! These are just a few of Kansas City’s nicest bike trails. Discover more local trails at KCBike.info/KCTrails. You can rent bikes throughout the city at KC.Bicyle.com. Use the BCycle App to access bike locations and details for this super simple way to enjoy a bit of exercise while you explore the city!
- Trolley Trail: This 6-mile paved trail connects the Country Club Plaza, Brookside and Waldo in southern Kansas City, MO. Why we love it: This is a great urban ride with many super lunch stops and shops along the way.
- Swope Trails: Built for mountain bike enthusiasts, the 13.5 miles of trails wind through the woods at Swope Park. Local volunteers and the KC Parks system continue to improve these trails for athletes. Why we love it: These trails are designed with adventure in mind. From beautiful limestone bluffs to wooded paths, the trails offer nature in the heart of the city.
- Smithville Lake Trail: This 4-mile (and growing) off-road trail is great for mountain bikers. Why we love it: Smithville Lake offers a scenic view for the rider to get out and enjoy nature.
- Mill Creek Streamway Park: One of the nicest paved trails in Johnson County, this 10-plus-mile byway runs along the creek from the Kaw River, south through Shawnee Mission Park, to 119th Street in Olathe. Why we love it: This popular trail offers a variety of scenery along the way.
- Shawnee Mission Park: The park offers mountain bike trails connecting to Mill Creek Streamway Park trails. Why we love it: Lake, woods and shelters make this a great choice for nature lovers.