25 Ways to make the Most of Summer in Lee’s Summit, Missouri
1. Spend a day exploring the Historic Downtown Lee’s Summit District with many unique shops and restaurants, all nestled in a six-block area.
2. Enjoy a tea party at Henry’s Antiques and Tea Room.
3. Learn new cooking techniques from local chefs at A Thyme for Everything.
4. Make your own ceramic masterpiece at Potter’s Haven.
5. Watch butterflies in the garden at Lowenstein Park.
6. Race your family in go-karts at Paradise Park.
7. Rent a paddleboat at Lake Jacomo.
8. Step back in time at Missouri Town 1855.
9. Eat barbecue at an old-fashioned gas station when you dine at the Filling Station.
10. Share a banana split at Poppy’s Ice Cream Parlor.
11. Learn local history inside a depot at the Lee’s Summit Historical Society.
12. Take a painting class at the Got Art Gallery.
13. Play in the sprayground at Miller J. Fields Park.
14. Float in the lazy river at Summit Waves.
15. Pretend to be a fireman on the themed playground at Bryan C. Pottberg Park.
16. Create your own stained glass work of art at Stained Glass Station.
17. Shop the day away at Summit Fair.
18. Climb the ropes course at Lea McKeighan Park.
19. Explore the Lee’s Summit Historic Cemetery, the final resting place for early Lee’s Summit citizens and the Civil War guerilla Cole Younger.
20. Build a custom frozen yogurt sundae at Orange Leaf.
21. Feed the fish at Longview Marina.
22. Roller-skate at Landmark Skate.
23. Taste wine at Stonehaus Farms.
24. Ride Amtrak at the Lee’s Summit Depot.
25. Go bowling at Summit Lanes.