Our Top 10 Favorite Things About Lea McKeighan Park
Lea McKeighan Park
125 NE Chipman Rd.
Lee's Summit, MO 64086
The Kansas City area is bursting with fabulous parks and playgrounds for families to enjoy. We at KC Parent love sharing the best parks in KC with our readers, and you can read about many of them when you search “Best Parks” on www.KCParent.com, where we explore individual parks and share their amenities with you in photo blogs showcasing the creative spaces that make them special!
Quickly earning a place in the hearts of families is the newly renovated Lea McKeighan Park, a top-notch park loved and enjoyed by all ages!
Our Top 10 Favorite Things About Lea McKeighan Park:
- The playground is inviting and fun. With so many unique and engaging features, it catches your attention as you drive on Chipman Road.
- The toddler-friendly area is fun and creative! The animal theme offers great photo ops with a frog and turtle to enjoy.
- The zip line! Riders sit on a safe zip line seat and enjoy an unforgettable ride across the park—even parents can get in on the fun!
- The web swing is a favorite hammock swing for children of all ages.
- Many new parks offer rock climbing features; this park’s is a lion! The one-of-a-kind design is a kid favorite.
- There is something for everyone! With slides, a merry-go-round, many fun jungle gyms for climbing, swing sets and balance beams, the traditional park play areas are loved by kids of all ages.
- Skateboarders love the brand new skate park.
- Sand volleyball is great fun for a Parents Night Out at the park!
- The shelter house is clean, equipped with lots of picnic tables and shaded—perfect for family celebrations.
- Lots and lots of families play together at Lea McKeighan—it truly is a community park.