Cool Summer Nights in Kansas City
By Kristina Light
Family fun doesn’t have to end at dinnertime. These are a few of our favorite ways to enjoy a cool summer night!
- Music in the Park: Blue Springs Enjoy a relaxing evening outdoors with free, live musical entertainment at Rotary Park from 6:00 to 8:00 every Sunday through August.
- Buck Day Bowling Bowl for $1/person and $1/shoe rental at Aaron’s Family Entertainment Center in Belton from 3:00 to 9:00.
- Monday Night Madness at Main Event Three metro locations. Save BIG with Monday Night Madness for as little as $10.95!
- Happy Hour at Paradise Park From 3:00 to 6:00 Monday through Thursday, bring the family in to enjoy some fun around the park. Deals include $1 off appetizers, $1 off drinks and half-price Max Pak Adventure (a $16.50 value!).
- Popsicles in the Park At various Independence parks. Enjoy crafts, live entertainment and free Popsicles at local parks through July.
- Family Skate Night Family of four skates for $15, or $4.25 individual price, at Landmark Skate in Lee’s Summit.
- Moonlight Movies At 9:00 at Independence Square, the movies are projected onto the side of the Pharaoh Theater, through August.
- The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art The museum is open until 9:00 on Thursdays and Fridays, and admission is FREE! Visitors also will enjoy permanent exhibits from around the world. Families will especially enjoy the FUN Spot, located in Bloch Lobby, where visitors and families learn what activities are available for them that day to maximize their fun. Nelson-Atkins.org
- Mahaffie Stagecoach Stop Family Fun Nights Experience history-themed activities for a new experience every Thursday evening through July. FREE admission! Some activities require an extra fee.
- FREE Concerts: Grandview FREE night of fun and games at the Grandview Amphitheater every Friday through August. Enjoy yard games such as over-sized Jenga, bean bags and more.
- Weekender at Crown Center Cap off your work week with top local bands and favorite food trucks. Finish the evening with a famous flick under the stars at Crown Center Square.
- Sounds on the Square Enjoy family-friendly concerts at Linden Square in Gladstone. Patrons are encouraged to bring a blanket or lawn chair for seating. You also may bring in outside food and nonalcoholic beverages.
- Powell Observatory This gem is open to the public Saturday nights through October and for special astronomical events. Public programs include an educational presentation on an interesting astronomy topic, a tour of the night sky and viewing through the telescopes.