Great Valentine Dates in KC
By KC Parent Staff & Readers
We asked our Facebook fans: My favorite place to take my Valentine in KC is __________. These are their answers:
Country Club Plaza
- Grand Street Café, 4740 Grand St., Kansas City, MO, 816.561.8000. Grand Street Cafe has several menus that include freshly prepared American dishes using the freshest and highest quality ingredients for a meal that is skillfully prepared and full of flavor.
- Carriage ride with Surreys on the Plaza (816.531.2673) or Kansas City Carriages (816.531.1999).
- McCormick and Schmick’s, 448 W. 47th St., Kansas City, MO, 816.531.6800. Enjoy the finest seafood, steaks and romantic desserts, including their signature chocolate bag.
- Catch a film at the VIP Room at the Cinemark, 526 Nichols Rd., Kansas City, MO, 800.326.3264. The VIP Room features a private auditorium with 38 cozy leather reclining seats. A server attends to your needs before and during the show as you may order food in the theatre, and all shows are for guests 21 and over for a distraction-free movie going experience.
- Crown Center Ice Terrace, 2450 Grand Blvd., Kansas City, MO, 816.274.8411.
- Lidia's Kansas City, 101 W. 22nd St., Kansas City, MO, 816.221.3722. Located in the Crossroads District and voted Kansas City's most popular Italian restaurant by Zagat Guide 2005.
- Bristol Seafood Grill, 51 E. 14th St., Kansas City, MO, 816.448.6007. One of the best seafood restaurants in Kansas City, located in the heart of the Power and Light District.
- Gojo Japanese Steakhouse, 4163 Broadway St., Kansas City, MO, 816.561.2501. Hibachi-style dining in the heart of Westport, known for distinctive food and a vibrant atmosphere.
- Laura Little’s Candies, 2100 W. 75th St., Prairie Village, KS, 913.722.2226.
- Cupcake a la Mode, 11529 Ash St., Leawood, KS, 913.338.1911.
- Carlo's Copa Room, 14944 W. 87th St. Pkwy., Lenexa, KS, 913.825.5200. Live music and delicious Italian food.
East & South
- Fiorella’s Jack Stack Barbecue, 13441 Holmes Rd., Kansas City, MO, 816.942.9141. Jack Stack, voted “Most Popular Restaurant in Kansas City” by the 2011 prestigious Zagat’s Survey of America’s Best Restaurants, is consistently voted by Zagat as the “Highest Rated BBQ” in the country.
- Kobe Japanese Steakhouse, 19800 E. Valley View Pkwy., Independence, MO, 816.795.6808. Quality Japanese steakhouse near Independence Center.
- Garozzo’s Ristorante, multiple locations, www.Garozzos.com. Famous for their chicken spiedini and top-notch Italian dishes.
- Piropos, 4141 N. Mulberry Dr., Kansas City, MO, 816.741.3600. Inspired by the international city of Buenos Ares, Piropos artistically fuses Argentinean and European cuisines.
- Em Chamas, 6101 NW 63rd Ter., Kansas City, MO, 816.505.7100. Brazilian grill brings you the most delectable meats in Missouri.
- Trezo Mare, 4105 N. Mulberry Dr., Kansas City, MO, 816.505.3200. Wine and dine with a fresh Italian menu featuring seafood delivered daily from both coasts.