Kansas City’s Dog Parks
By Kristina Light
Spend a day at the park with your favorite four-legged friend!
Dog Park Etiquette:
- At most dog parks, the off-leash dog area is for dogs and their handlers only (not for other park play).
- Bring dogs that are well trained to socialize appropriately with other dogs.
- Handlers are responsible for their dogs at all times and assume all risks related to using a dog park.
- City dog license rules will apply. This may include a rule that all dogs at the park must be spayed or neutered and healthy.
- Young children (typically under 5) may not be allowed in the off-leash area, and older children should be accompanied by an adult.
- Remember to "scoop the poop" and dispose of waste in trash cans.
Great Local Dog Parks:
- Heritage Park, 16050 Pflumm Rd., Olathe
- Leawoof Dog Park, 10601 Lee Blvd., Leawood
- Shawnee Mission Off-Leash Dog Park, 7900 Renner Rd., Shawnee
- Thomas S. Stoll Memorial Park, 12500 W. 119th St., Overland Park
- Blue Springs Dog Park, 1049 NE 20th St., Blue Springs
- Dogwood Park, 51 NW Victoria Dr., Lee's Summit
- Happy Tails Park, 1251 SE Ranson Rd., Lee's Summit
- Tails & Trails Dog Park, 7601 E. 139th St., Grandview
- Waggin Trail Dog Park, 432 NE 32nd Ave., North Kansas City
- Wayside Waifs Bark Park, 3901 Martha Truman Rd., Kansas City